SkinDNA™ takes the guesswork out of skin care instead using science to identify the most suitable skin ingredients and treatment modalities based on your DNA. At its core, SkinDNA™ uses the correct ingredients and treatment modalities to effectively target your genetic blueprint and ensure you never waste a single cent again on products or treatments that don’t work for you!
Performed exclusively by O Skin Experts, the revolutionary DNA laboratory test examines 16 genetic markers (SNPs) in 5 categories associated with skin aging:
1. Firmness + Elasticity: Identify if you are a carrier of key genetic variations associated with accelerated collagen loss even before the signs have become visible
2. Wrinkling: Not often discussed, Glycation affects collagen and elastin fibres glycation and is now well recognised as a leading cause of accelerated skin aging
3. Sun Damage + Pigmentation: The sun’s UV rays are one of the most significant causes of premature skin aging. An individual’s genes play an important role in determining how well their skin can naturally cope under the strains of the sun
4. Free Radical Damage: Scientists now believe that free radicals are causal factors in nearly ever known disease, from heart disease to arthritis, cancer to cataracts. In fact, free radicals are a main culprit in the aging process of the skin itself
5. Sensitivity + Inflammation: Excessive inflammation is one of the most common themes in early onset skin aging. While it is a helpful response in the short term, if inflammation continues, it can play a negative role. Often subtle, the signs include skin sensitivity, redness and irritation
The SkinDNA™ test takes just two minutes and three simple, easy steps to unlock your skin secrets:
1. Collect: A swab from the inside your cheek will be collected and sent to the accredited SkinDNA™ lab for analysis
2. Diagnose: Within 7 days you will receive a comprehensive SkinDNA™ Report, analysed and explained by your O Skin Expert, that ranks each genetic marker low, medium or high risk. From these results a customised skin health plan, combining product, supplements and modalities will be created
3. Prescribe: Using the results from the SkinDNA™ Test your O Skin Expert is able to confidentially recommend an appropriate routine to prevent and correct skin concerns and preserve a more youthful looking skin
With more than 15,000 DNA population wide samples from various groups stored entirely in-house, SkinDNA™ is leading the way in Dermal DNA Science. The collaboration of geneticists, cosmetic physicians, skin scientists and volunteer study participants commenced their work in 2006 with two principle objectives: (1) to identify the genetic factors that contribute to age-related changes in the skin; and (2) to identify actionable pathways available for each of those genetic factors in order to help each and every individual worldwide preserve a more youthful looking skin.